Thursday 27 August 2015

Riding life

Old friends... it has been a good few weeks since I posted. Things have been busy, I have been up-rooting and making new roots in our new home, and working towards my final deadline for the PG Dip. The PF (Practice File) was finally submitted this morning; all 90 pages of it. This is probably about three times the length of my undergrad dissertation and although I enjoyed writing most of it, I do feel a little bad for the one unsuspecting tutor who has to sit and read every one of those hand-crafted words and produce a valid grade at the end. This is assuming they reach the end without giving up on reading it completely.. I submitted it quietly - without a word to any friends unless they asked (apart from Tasha of course who witness my sheer joy at about midnight last night when it was all printed and I was like a proud mother, slightly crazed. But infinitely proud). I think I have been silent about it because it is done. It is over and I feel like I am already moving forward and although it was a huge piece of work, I feel oddly OK with it. I have kept calm and still feel no different now it is out of my hands. I processed this ending. Perhaps I will process it even further and it it will surprise me. Goodness knows, if life is predictable in any way it is that it is gloriously unpredictable. So who knows... The universe will decide. Or I will (that depends on how much responsibility I am willing to take!)

OK, it is late and no more free-writing fun. As it has been so long since I posted I realise I have still not shared a few pictures of the last week in Barcelona when I was joined by my dearest sister (a month ago now - a few pictures below!) Both her and I have spent a lot of this summer so far travelling. Even as we speak she is hundreds of miles away. I miss her greatly. I also miss Barcelona one hell of a lot. Really I miss the views, the company, the feeling, the person I am when I am there... BUT on the other hand, life is looking exciting. New post-qualification and new-home horizons expanding and that is never a bad thing...


'If you're going to try, go all the way. There is no other feeling like that. You will be alone with the gods, and the nights will flame with fire. You will ride life straight to perfect laughter. It's the only good fight there is' 
-Charles Bukowski










No comments:

Post a Comment