Wednesday 31 August 2011

summer?

I think summer time here is well and truly over. I am currently sat in bed with a hot water bottle (in August may I add..) and a hot cup of peppermint tea, catching up with my emails and such. It is getting darker earlier, I have worn a winter coat and scarf for the past couple of days and there is not even a sense of that warm glowing summers evening atmosphere any more. Not even in the slightest, and it's almost depressing. Summer has been and gone in the blink of an eye. Is time simply moving far too quickly or is this just England now? There is still another month left before returning to university and moving into my new house. One whole month of this? Please brighten up. The warmth of the sun really is underappreciated. It does make a difference.

Aside from the pressure of selling my car, which is proving to be a rather difficult task and requires a lot of assertiveness and a 'grown-up' head - I am pretty relaxed. Other than a brief trip to London and some castings here and there, I have plenty of time to drink copious amounts of tea, play the piano, read, write, catch up with my Vogues, and spend quality time with my little sister and a few friends of mine. This evening has been spent attempting a piano accompaniment to a Jeff Buckley song which I adore, followed by a hot chocolate and a wonderfully long phone conversation with Anna. This girl will not know what has hit her when we are reunited as housemates. She'll have so much love from moi.

I miss friends. I miss the warmth of the sun. I miss university. I miss my brother.
Okay, I really must stop missing things and start living in the here-and-now.
I am here. This is me. And I have to be happy with this. I am happy with this.

1 comment:

  1. And I will return the love with such ease. ONE MORE MONTH. ONE MORE MONTH. ONE MORE MONTH. xx

    ReplyDelete