Sunday 29 December 2013

Step out

It is only just dawning on me today how much I truly needed this time off over Christmas. I am not so tired right now. I can see my family for more than ten fleeting minutes per week. I can wake up when my body and mind are ready. And most importantly, I feel brighter and more alive. I've had a week off and I was beginning to forget how it felt to not feel so tired and preoccupied with to-do lists and the various roles of my life. The all important balance is being restored.

Today I have gone back to the things I do that bring a little happiness and peace. I tested out a successful new recipe and method of baking bread, went for a morning run, and spent the evening in Leeds drinking, talking, and watching a film about life and the world of opportunities that we live in (The Secret Life of Walter Mitty - definitely worth a watch, even if just for the beautiful soundtrack). I also waved goodbye to my Mother and sister as they travel for a trip down to Kent, and I had the most wonderful surprise when I found one of my very best and oldest friends on the same train as I. 




No comments:

Post a Comment