Sunday 19 February 2012

show time

This weekend I ventured back to the little Town of Harrogate where I spent the majority of time with my mother, grandmother, and sister. It was nice to see family. Perhaps I am slightly obliged to say that it was 'nice to see family' - because if I am honest, it is very nice to be back in York.
It was Bry's dance show. That was the reason behind me going back, and she was, of course incredibly beautiful on stage. It's strange how a thirteen year old girl can transform herself into a young dancer with stage presence and confidence. She just performed beautifully and I feel pretty proud of her. It also of course brings back to me all my memories of my school years and the countless shows I did. Some at the Royal Hall, others at the Theatre, the international center, others various locations and cities. Lots of studio time, rehearsals, stage make up, rehearsing, rehearsing, rehearsing, rehearsing, working hard all for that sublime magical moment on stage when the lights shine, curtains rise, audience applauds, music plays, and all that's left is you against the world. And you are winning.
You are lost, but very much there. And always winning.
You are flying high above the rest.
It's a wonderful feeling.
'Wonderful' can be anything you want it to be.
But it is always wonderful.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like precious time and precious memories.
    Hope to see you next week :))

    ReplyDelete