Saturday 15 February 2014

Words and the body

A friend of mine recently shared these words on her Facebook status, and I have subsequently shared them with a couple of other individuals too (although I am yet to find the source of the words!). Without words and language, we would struggle to make meaning.. So it feels important to share words. Particularly studying what I do, and working with individuals where often behaviour is used as a form of communication, it is important to keep in mind that it is not what we do, but what we want to say (and being heard) that matters..

'It is tempting to get sick so that you can be taken care of. Remember that I am here and listening. You don't have to write your pain on your body, you can say it out loud. I will hear you.'

No comments:

Post a Comment