Monday 19 December 2011

album of the week

I made a little iTunes purchase last week and have not been able to stop playing this album since it made it's way onto my iTunes library. In the words of Charlene - it is simply exquisite. There is not a better way to describe the music on this album.
Now usually I am not a fan of covers and I don't generally rate artists who release a mediocre cover of a previously wonderful track. Saying this - Birdy has become the exception to this rule of mine.
It's one of those albums you get a little lost in your mind while listening to.
This is the track I adore..


'People help the people
And if your homesick, give me your hand and I'll hold it
People help the people
Nothing will drag you down
Oh and if I had a brain, Oh and if I had a brain
I'd be cold as a stone and rich as the fool
That turned, all those good hearts away'

No comments:

Post a Comment