Tuesday 27 December 2011

for the friends, family, and Christmas.

What is Christmas really about? God? Gifts? Food? Family?..
For me, it's people. People and love are what makes this world keep turning. There's a lot of shit in the world - we know that. God knows, we only have to tune in to BBC news or pick up a newspaper to witness and read about this. But somewhere among the shit, there are people and there is love.
For me, this is what Christmas is about. Christmas is almost a gift in itself - a gift of time to spend with these people. A time when we don't work and we don't study, or rush, running and racing against time.
Life is not perfect. Nothing is perfect.. In fact, what the hell does 'perfect' even mean? If any one ever figures this out, my goodness, they will be able to hang their hat up and become the wizard of all philosophers of this time. Even more-so if they formulate a step-by-step plan of how to reach this wonderful state of being. But for now, perhaps perfect is just an idealistic pigment of our imagination. There is not such a thing as a perfect day or a perfect person or a perfect life.
So no, things are not perfect, but I do have pretty wonderful people in my life. Friends are the ones who have made this Christmas a good one. A lot of time has been spent with good friends. Old and new friends. People keep you going. People have such power and such love.

I hope all who read this have had a lovely Christmas filled with love.

1 comment:

  1. To be honest, I love this post. It's short, it's precise - and it focuses the real important things. Thank you for reminding me again that I have to be unbelievable glad and thankful to have a lot of those people in my life!
    Best wishes from Germany, Stephanie

    ReplyDelete