Monday 7 July 2014

Hola

Hola seems to be my most spoken word these past few days since my Spanish vocabulary is very limited and it it always nice to be polite to the person serving you coffee or wine or the people you are working with! I am, however, with the assistance of Zana, learning a phrase a day. It seems that the best way to learn a language is to live in it... So far I can ask for a soya cappucino, directions to the bathroom, I can state that I do not speak Spanish (although who knows - this may change!). I can say 'no problem', and I can ask for the bill :)

Barcelona is nothing short of a beautiful part of this world. I keep having to remind myself that this is a work trip, but after more time spent on the beach than at castings it is a reminder that is easily forgotten about. I am slowing my usual manic pace of life down for a while and embracing no early wake up calls. Life is far more relaxed with late nights on the balcony, navigating my way around with a street map and no wifi device glued to my hand, and the fact that drinking good wine or coffee at any time in the day/night is absolutely unquestionably acceptable. There is nothing quite like waking up in the morning and drinking your morning coffee on the balcony overlooking the Sagrada Familia.. It is really quite beautiful.

There was a rather spectacular thunderstorm last night which kept us both awake. I have never woken up and almost jumped out of bed because the smashing of thunder was so close and startling.It is still going on now... hours later. Which means that the sun is not out and it is much more comfortable to sit in my room and write than it is to sit out on the balcony. It is really fine though. I am reminding myself of the power of living in the moment, and the moment right now is just fine. We have castings later but not until 4pm. Since it is not so hot due to the storm, I might even wear jeans for the first time of this trip...









No comments:

Post a Comment