Monday 14 July 2014

The universe

I came across this Max Ehrmann poem not so long ago and when words stay with you I always believe that they are words worth sharing. It is a much longer poem than these few lines below, but these lines particularly mean a great deal. It is a good reminder for the times when we are uncertain about decisions we make or the times when we make the decision and suddenly life is changing and we cling to the things we are too afraid to let go of. It is good to remind myself that change is good and that life is unfolding just as it should. It might feel like madness and complete chaos, but the universe is working with us, alongside us, all the time. My studies and training remind me of the power of 'trusting in the process' which is a phrase I both love and despise sometimes at the same time (I am sure I'm not alone in this!). But when I have taken that advice it has been the most trustworthy advice I have chosen to take.

Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself.You are a child of the universe no less than the trees and the stars;you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you,no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.
Max Ehrmann - Desiderata 

1 comment:

  1. That is my favorite passage from Desiderata as well. Max Ehrmann is such a wise, beautiful writer and Desiderata is one of my absolute favorite poems. I have it posted on my wall and I read it every day. :)

    -Nicole

    ReplyDelete