Tuesday 8 July 2014

'Right now'

I have arrived back at our apartment and I am sat out on the balcony (with the rather noisy traffic somewhere beneath me) with a coffee and my laptop wondering how to spend the evening. We had a TVC casting today which had such a long wait (probably all the models and actors in the city were there...) so naturally we went to get coffee and went back still to find at least an hours wait... I finished my book already and then made my way back. I am really a very impatient human being, which can be a helpful characteristic of mine when appropriate. But for some reason I don't mind so much waiting for castings when the weather is so perfectly beautiful outside. It is not so bad at all.

I have been reading The Alchemist (Paulo Coelho) over the past week - well, re-reading it anyway. It is one of my favourite books to read especially whilst I am travelling. His writing is a beautiful reminder of the things in the world greater than ourselves that connect us despite the things that set us apart. Here are some of his words...

'Because I don't live in either my past or my future. I am interested only in the present. If you can concentrate always on the present, you''ll be a happy man. You'll see that there is life in the desert, that there are stars in the heavens, and that tribesmen fight because they are part of the human race. Life will be a party for you. A grand festival, because life is the moment we're living right now.'

No comments:

Post a Comment