Thursday 30 June 2011

Eat, pray, love (2)

As I am still reading the lovely book 'Eat, Pray, Love', I thought it fitting to post another quote that I seem to find myself attracted to these days. Allowing things to 'just be' is such a scary and seemingly impossible task for some in this world. I understand why. I have spent most of my life living as one of those being afraid. But being afraid is not really 'living' at all.

'Letting go, of course is a scary enterprise for those of us who believe that the world revolves only because it has a handle on the top of it which we personally turn, and if we were to drop this handle for even a moment, well - that would be the end of the universe...
Why are you so sure that your micromanagement of every moment in this whole world is so essential? Why don't you let it be?'
Eat, Pray, Love - Elizabeth Gilbert.

No comments:

Post a Comment