Saturday 24 March 2012

song of the week

My wonderful sister Frankie kindly let me borrow a handful of her CD's, including Ben Howard's album. My goodness, it is a beautifully written album with some wonderful lyrics that I wanted to share. It has definitely been the 'soundtrack to my week'. A lot of reflective contemplation, reading, writing, thinking, alone time, and time with others.
Just, time.
I always find that words combined with music have a certain depth that words alone cannot reach. My iPod has been travelling along with me everywhere this week. Always playing a melancholy yet comforting tune. 

'Everything will start again anew,
cause everything just goes away my friend.
And every king knows it to be true
and every kingdom must one day come to an end.'

Ben Howard, Everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment