Friday 4 January 2013

the 'jar of appreciation'

This is my new project: my 'jar of appreciation'.
It is a similar concept to that of a piggy bank/money saving jar, but rather than saving my spare cash, (which I probably should be doing too..) I will be  compiling a collection of small notes detailing the daily things we see that often go unnoticed, or if they are noticed, the moment passes faster than we even have time to give much thought to our appreciation. I will document the the encounters I have with those closest to me and strangers alike.. The random acts of kindness, the things that bring joy and make me smile, the relationships I value, and the moments I may one day forget.
One personal aim this year is to always express my gratitude. I will not only express it, but I will remember it. Who knows, this may one day be part of something much bigger.

1 comment:

  1. such a lovely idea.. ive ben thinking about doing this too :) <3 Sera

    ReplyDelete