Wednesday 9 January 2013

the light at the end of the tunnel

Even the most spirited and joyful people suffer the lows. I think it comes with the metaphorical contract we sign when we agree to live this thing we call 'life'. We cannot hide from that fact, nor can we turn a blind eye to others or ourselves when we feel them. I am writing this in light of my observations.. It is OK to be positive. In fact, it is more than OK; it's bloody wonderful. What a gift it is to feel joy and share it. But I highly doubt that it's really real if we don't feel what it's like to be on the other side. It seems to be such a skilfully balanced life we must lead.
I decided to walk a different route to a meeting this afternoon, which led me down a small street with a house on it named 'The Doll's House' (very real people living inside!). Anyway, I could barely look up to see where I was walking because the sun was almost blinding my view. This was the sun.. And this, is the strength of the light at the end of the tunnel.

No comments:

Post a Comment