Saturday 23 February 2013

Sunday is my favourite day again

'The world will break your heart ten ways to Sunday. That's guaranteed. I can't begin to explain that. Or the craziness inside myself and everyone else. But guess what? Sunday is my favourite day again.'
- The Silver Linings Playbook.

Plans for this weekend had been re-scheduled in favour of some 'me-time' and work and reading and research. For catching up on myself and my thoughts and the ever expanding to-do list. However, life is life and life never stops. This morning I received a message from a friend so we went for a drink and to watch a film. This friend, this cup of tea, and this film were what I needed. No significant amount of work has been done, my thoughts have not even been considered, my to-do list is still hiding in my unopened diary, and I miss the man I was meant to spend my weekend with so much.

'The Silver Linings Playbook' is the film we saw and one I highly recommend. It's been out for a while and I'm not sure if it's still showing at most cinemas. We went to the picture house in town and it was perhaps a weekly showing which makes me think it's not showing at bigger cinemas any more. However, it was perfect viewing for a Saturday afternoon. A gentle reminder of the power of a simple positive mental attitude and an easy Saturday afternoon viewing of Bradley Cooper - how can this be anything but wonderful?

No comments:

Post a Comment