Sunday 17 February 2013

The music of the streets

When in York and browsing the streets of the city centre, no matter what the time of day, time of year, or weather extremes; chances are one of these individuals/bands are filling the streets with their music. I have a few musician friends here and with York being a relatively small city, it wouldn't be a surprise if through the six (or less!) degrees of separation, I am connected to some of these talented people.
This is just one of the things I love about being in York. A common theme of my recent writing is that of travel and not spending lengthy amounts of time at home. This being said, when I am here and in town, unless in an urgent rush I will always stop to listen and watch. Some tracks are originals, some are covers of some of my favourite songs, and they are always played with such authenticity and enthusiasm. This kind of thing is an example of those small, small things that make life richer and more beautiful. I think that a combination of music and words speak very loudly





No comments:

Post a Comment