Sunday 25 August 2013

Southern trip, day five

I took two photographs because it rained ALL day. Really, it rained all day.. I spent the morning walking with Amber to work, drinking coffee in Dover, then purchasing a polka dot umbrella and travelling back for an hour on the train back to Tunbridge Wells. I went for a run (yes, in the rain) - it was quite nice and liberating and refreshing but then after approximately 2.9 miles, the refreshing rain droplets turned into what I consider to be a torrential rain storm. This meant I could barely see where I was running and I was soaked, so consequently I took shelter in the park, became a little chilly, and then once the rain eased off I continued my run again. All in all, it was a good run; I really needed it. Not my body. My body could have managed perfectly well without the run, but my mind. My mind felt better. So I arrived back, had a bath, sorted a few things out and watched some Grey's Anatomy, watched the rain, listened to the rain, read a book... watched some more Grey's Anatomy, and decided I was shattered.

A particularly uneventful day. But I watched the 'George's dad' episode of Grey's Anatomy, which more than makes up for the lack of sunshine in the sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment