Thursday 22 August 2013

Southern trip, day three: Brighton

Today I had the day to myself so I decided to go somewhere I've never been before: Brighton. I hear a lot about this town. Lots of friends go there and I hear only good things. I adored this place so much that I didn't even want to leave. I stayed until the last bus departed to take me back. I'm sure that the sun contributed to my enjoyment of the day, but it was a really great surprise and most definitely a day in which acting spontaneously paid off. I didn't expect to instantly feel happy there, but I arrived, explored the town, the beach, and the pavilions, and felt content.

So, whilst harboring the acceptance that 'carpe-ing the diem' isn't always as simple as it sounds, today, adopting the mantra of 'Carpe diem' (remembering that I am away) was a significantly more realistic concept. Today was a day of aloneness (the good type), spontaneity, book reading, writing, a lot of people watching, discovering hidden away vegetarian cafes, and an abundance of photographs of course.











No comments:

Post a Comment