Sunday 7 November 2010

“The curious paradox is that when I accept myself just as I am, then I can change."

Wow, today has been such a wonderful turn-around day. It was much needed. Went to York bright and early but decided to take the train instead - gives me a bit of relaxation space. So me being organised me got there rather early so I got coffee and sat to wait and people watch and think while sat in the coffee shop. People watching is going to become my new hobby. So interesting!
But got me thinking - Allow myself to drink a proper coffee and actually eat a proper breakfast for once this week and I feel good. Renewed. And pretty content in the moment. Went off to training for my new work placement and met some lovely people. I always get afraid of new groups of people but actually what's there to be afraid of? It was such a nice day. Had some lovely conversations and also discovered a couple are actually on the same course as me, just in the years above me.
And of course - Harrogate bonfire night. I wasn't going to go, because of my socially reclusive week that I've been having. Honestly, I wasn't wanting to go at all. But my beautiful friend Moor asked me last night and I swear it's the only thing that's made me smile all week. So of course, yes yes yes. Had coffee (more coffee!) and chatted, gossiped and came to the conclusion that I love that woman. Then had a wonderful night watching fireworks and being wrapped up and cosy.
Lovely :)

xxx

Ah, I shall share my newest work: Shoot with the beautiful Amber for fabulous magazine for a Next article. This was the day that the hair stylist ruthlessly chopped inches off my golden locks. And I felt incredibly uncomfortable and that 'f-a-t' word in the demin. But actually, quite like the pics!

No comments:

Post a Comment