Monday 22 November 2010

Vacant stares

Vacant stares
That's been me lately. I don't like it but I do think it's the case. Who knows why? No one but me. But actually I don't even know the answer myself. What's behind my eyes? Emptiness? Fear, loneliness... I could write a list as long as my arm but it would be a quite depressing list so I will save you from reading it. When you see me like this - please don't mistake me for someone I'm not. When I'm seemingly staring blankly into the empty space, I'm not being selfish and I'm not dreaming of a better world. I'm simply a lost person trying to make sense of the world and trying to find a way to make sense of the irrational mind I live with.

It seems a rather sad story. One that I should be ashamed of, but who's to say it's bad? It's just me.




This is from a lovely little book - it helps make sense of the sadness that otherwise is impossible to describe.

Uni presentation was this morning, on existentialism. That's probably what's making me think.
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment