Saturday 28 May 2011

Bank holiday weekend and update

Finally, a three day weekend and all I have planned is seeing close friends, relaxing in the house, reading books, catching up on a few TV shows I seem to have missed, and seeing a show at the theater with Bryony tomorrow evening. All lovely lovely lovely.

This week has been pretty insane. I handed in my final university assignment for this year, which means I have indeed well and truly conquered my first year at York. I have to admit, back in September when I begun, I honestly did not think I would stick it out. I thought I would be depressed and wanting to drop out by Christmas, but I love it. I do. I have only just realized over the past few weeks how long summer is, and how much I will miss the girls from university. I love York too. I love spending time there whether I am in uni, or just in town (usually with Anna, treating ourselves to some delicious form of hot beverages!). I now have over four months off and it feels incredibly strange not having deadlines to meet or revision to do, or classes to go to. It's strange, because me being a perfectionist who thrives from perfectly and precisely completing tasks and such on time, it just feels odd suddenly not having that added pressure. It's lovely though. I will admit, It is a lovely relief to know that for the next four months I can focus on modelling, hopefully becoming more established, working in Japan, and not studying for a while. It is not a rest, it just means a change. And as they say, a change is as good as a rest.

It's only a small matter of waiting for my visa until I jet off to Japan. I am as impatient as a five year old child waiting for his dinner! In other words, I really dislike waiting. Leaving the country for a while is what I need. I need to escape my house and my mother too. Our relationship is beginning to get a little too much for me to deal with, so getting away will be just amazing. Not only to escape my mother for a while, but to see Japan. I mean, I am nervous of course, but so bloody excited to experience working in such a foreign country, learning their culture, and meeting everyone out there. I always write and speak about my burning desire to travel and to see for myself all the wonders this world has to offer. And now I just cannot wait to go. I know I am fortunate enough to have already visited some really great cities and countries, but Japan is totally new territory for me. Ahhhh! I suppose I shall have to begin eating miso soup and noodles? My younger brother has just been confirmed for his work placement in New Zealand for a year too, so I am feeling rather proud of him also. Even though when I leave for Japan it will be over a year before I see him. Goodness me. Change, change, change.

In other goings on this week, other than the final submission of university work, and confirmation of Japan, I worked a few days too, which is always good fun, and I know I'm earning money but I am left in much need of a lie in and a day off. We did Liverpool graduate fashion shows, which went well. Stuart and Jen our bookers from Boss watched the evening show too, which was nice. Usually there is a lot of waiting around at shows, but this time it felt pretty crazy. No breaks and not much time to relax, just work work work. It was a thirteen hour day too. Pretty long. Left at 6am and got back home at 2am. 2am! Yes! I had a nightmare journey back home. The motorway was closed, and I followed the diversions which led me totally the wrong way. I should have known but I was too tired to really pay attention. I ended up driving an hour and a half extra, to make the expected 2 hour journey much much longer. Not a good idea when you are so tired you may as well be sleeping. I doubt I should admit this on my blog, but hey ho.

Perhaps it is a lesson I need to learn, so by writing it here, it feels more real as a pose to just having a private giggle about it. I was driving down the motorway. It was about midnight and I actually don't know which motorway I was on (that's how tired I must have been) when I looking in my rear view mirror and the police were right behind me, flashing and indicating me to pull over. YES. Mini heart attack commenced, and I took a breathe and pulled over into the hard shoulder. I stepped out of my car, wearing full show hair and make up, greeted by a lovely, but rather scary police man questioning my 'dangerous' driving. He thought I had been taking drugs or drinking. I knew it was because I was so tired so I apologized, had a little chat with the police man about how I must pay full attention to the roads. Oh my goodness. Never again.

On a more positive note, I tested with Sean Knott yesterday, a really cool and very lovely photographer originally from South Africa. We had a full day of beauty shoots, but I really enjoyed it. I think it was something to do with the lovely hair and make up artist putting a crazy afro in my hair. I love having a ginger afro. Nightmare to wash out, but who cares really! Looked like we got some great shots. Here's a sneaky pic from behind the scenes.

2 comments:

  1. You were right that was a bladdy long blog for Tanman! Thank goodness you didn't lose it! Everything sounds so exciting even it is the scary 'chaaaaange' word. Yay.
    Going to miss you more than I could say when you're away. 4 months without my lovely potentially. Oh gosh, way too sad :( xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really proud of all you are achieving angel.
    My only concern is if you can maintain your weight, and your sanity whilst in Japan.
    It will be hard, and I truly hope you don't come home sick.
    I want this trip to be amazing and I genuinely hope you can keep yourself well xxxxx

    ReplyDelete