Saturday 14 May 2011

Life and such

The past few days have been a somewhat crazy blur. I haven't actually caught up with the fast pace yet, but luckily this weekend is completely free for me. When I say 'free' I mean I will be working on my assignments but hopefully (fingers and toes crossed!) Hopefully I will have completed all my assignments by Sunday night, then that will be me completely finished first year of university.
Wednesday - Anna and I had plans to meet with Rachel but she was poorly sick so we just chilled together anyway. I spent some time at the university library working, and waiting to hear back from my  tutor about a drama therapy workshop, which turned out to be an incredibly late reply so I did not go in the end. But it was a lovely time Anna and I spent together. Just the usual, nothing special but we had nice chats, as always, and both helped each other a lot just by being there rather than us both being alone and sad.

I fail to find any words in my head to describe the chaotic insanity that was Thursday. I rocked up to university incredibly early because I woke up earlier than my alarm and didn't fancy waiting around at home. We had an exam in the morning, which I strangely wasn't feeling nervous about. It just happened, and it finished, and that was it. It was okay, but obviously a little mentally exhausting because work does require more energy than we realize. I then rushed down to Manchester for a fashion show. I arrived, barely had time to put my bags down before I was rushed into fittings and hair and make up, followed by rehearsals, quick stop for dinner, and then it was show time. I slept for nine and a half hours when I got home that evening.

Then yesterday (Friday) Was just lovely. We finally could relax a little. The afternoon was spent with cream tea and scones in Bettys, before heading into town for cocktails. I have some wonderful friends who provide me with laughs and chats, but perhaps most importantly, they are friends who make it okay for me to be me, or for me just to be. Other than the usual definitions of a friend - loyalty, honesty, and such like.. there's an unspoken acceptance that requires no facades and no false pretenses. Just person to person. That is what I like.


A few snaps of Anna and I..


1 comment: