Sunday 3 July 2011

Testing in Japan

Today was my first test shoot here in Japan. Working with an entire team of Japanese creatives certainly takes some adjusting to. It was me and another model Kristina, who is Russian. Needless to say, the extent of communication all day has been very very limited.

We left the apartment at 8am and got back at 7pm. I guess they were right when they said that the Japanese work hard. And this was just a test. We met the photographer in the city station and he drove us to hair and make up, then proceeded to drive another forty five minutes out of town until we found ourselves driving up a winding and twisting cliff-top forest road route. Needless to say we were rather confused! But we had the most stunning views of the city from above on the journey to the location. It was such a refreshing change to see some greenery here. Spending the day surrounded by nature and the forest and grass it could have almost been in England. We shot all morning and all afternoon, got eaten alive by mosquitoes and other unnamed bugs, and returned back at the apartment well and truly all worked out.

Got back, made my dinner of tofu salad, called home, and now it is almost 9pm and I feel ready for bed. I have another shoot tomorrow so I really must sleep soon. I think Japan is zapping all of my energy.

The stylist on today's shoot asked me in her best English how old I am, and if I am missing home. I had a moment of reflection and I realized that yes, I am missing home. But I am okay as long as no one asks..

No comments:

Post a Comment