Wednesday 20 March 2013

It's only Tuesday

It is only Tuesday, and so far this week is proving to be a very positive one. I confirmed my final participant for my dissertation and organised a date later this week to meet. I have to travel North to meet this person, but travel is such an integral aspect of my life, it wouldn't feel right for me not to introduce travelling to my studies as well. Also, I am enjoying meeting my interviewees and learning about their stories. I am enjoying the fact that I am developing a piece of work that is entirely my own and I am especially thankful for the fact that I feel so well supported in doing so - Possibly another explanation as to why the prospect of leaving York St John in approximately two months, fills me with every emotion under the sun and leaves my heart very sad.

In other news, I have located two really wonderful sounding jobs and applied for them, and I have a good few modelling jobs over Easter to top up my bank account with. Also, after a particularly positive and motivating discussion while getting my hair cut today, I walked out of the salon not only with hair a good three inches lighter and healthier, but within minutes I received an email offering me a place on the MSc Psychology degree at Leeds Met. This is really great news - it's my 'Plan B'. So, should 'Plan A' fall to pieces, I am now safe in the knowledge that I have a firm fall-back option. The next week will reveal to me the outcome of my 'Plan A'. And as it's title suggests, 'Plan A' is my focus, and my focus is increasingly feeling like impatience and anxiety.

Trust in the process... The process often tells the most meaningful stories, but during the process, it is so important to surround ourselves with the good. The good people and the good things. The old concept of creating our own reality -  the power of a positive mind.
My impatience and anxiety can be channeled into something very productive and pro-active for now.

1 comment: