Tuesday 28 May 2013

A bank holiday and a completed degree

If any day ever felt like a Sunday, it's today. It's not Sunday, it is in fact just gone midnight on a Monday evening. However, we have been graced with a bank holiday weekend and so the majority of England has been enjoying what's been a three day weekend of sunshine. This is a generalization, I know. Weekends and bank holidays for me are always odd - I see my friends reaching Friday night and celebrating a weekend because it's finally some time off, away from weekday commitments. This is not really what I do. Weekends in my world are for the most part just like any other day of the week. I don't work in a 9-5 job, nor do I plan on doing so any time soon so I am just as likely to have a Wednesday and Thursday off as I am a Saturday or Sunday. Not that this is a bad thing, it just is what it is.

However, today does feel like a Sunday because I have many things planned for tomorrow that are usually 'important Monday things'. Most of this extended weekend has been spent in my house writing essays, which are now completed (yes! my degree is completed!). But being a person of the sun, after recovering from the all-night party which was the summer ball and actually being on target with this final assignment hurdle, I made a few ventures outside. I am so very fortunate to have this all on my doorstep. It pays off to take a few moments once in a while. Time is always of the essence, but it oddly becomes easier to manage once we take a step back.





No comments:

Post a Comment