Thursday 6 January 2011

If only

If only I had the ability to change circumstance and possibilities for others. I don't know if it's this specific time of year, Christmas and a new year - People can tend to be more vulnerable at this time. There is a good few friends I hold very close whom I would give all I have to make things better for them at this moment in time. 

It breaks my heart to see people I love suffer so much. They say there's beauty in pain. But really?? I beg to differ. It is possible for beauty to be the product of certain types of pain. Likewise, it's possible to develop into something more beautiful because suffering has taught a person many lessons that they otherwise would never have embraced. But in order to see the beauty in life it's self, a person must somehow find the beauty within themselves. An authenticity in their self acceptance. Such a lovely concept but one of life's most difficult quests. I enjoy the inspirational words of others, but I am by no means a wise philosopher. I'm just a twenty-one year old girl who enjoys thinking about life, the world, and over-thinking each possible way that I could attempt to find my own belonging.

When the world we live in seems ever so full of hurt and hatred, it is rather like fighting a battle you've already lost. I wish I had something more to offer. It hurts to understand other people, and know the torture in feeling that way. Yet nothing I do feels enough.
x

2 comments:

  1. Oh God, I agree completely. There is no beauty or poetry in suffering- those who believe that are lucky enough to never have suffered so much. Or their minds have been warped by the suffering and they are blind to the beauty that exists outside of it. I actually think either is sad, maybe that's the beauty in suffering; the contrast. i don't know, I'm thinking as I type xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do enough just by being you. You're a wonderfull person Miss. Beetham :)
    x

    ReplyDelete