Friday 28 January 2011

One and Only

'I know it ain't easy giving up your heart,
Nobody's pefect,
Trust me I've learned it.'


This is one of the tracks on Adele's new album, 21. I have not stopped listening to it all week. It is simply beautiful. Perfect to drive along to, singing out from the heart (and hoping that no one can hear!)

I drove to Nottingham today for a beauty test shoot with a wonderful photographer, Mark Enstone. He is one of those rare people who really takes his time to make you feel comfortable and like a valued person. I really did enjoy today. We got some lovely shots too. I'll post one of them up here, although it's totally raw and un-edited. I did the most foolish thing though, driving back up north. I was navigating my way through Nottingham city centre and must have taken a wrong turning. I suddenly came to the realisation that I was indeed driving parallel to the road with cars and stopped to think 'shit.. I'm driving the wrong way down a tram line!' Oh my days. I hastily turned around and made my way back onto the road designated for cars, and not trams! Oops.

I shall just briefly mention the shoot yesterday with photographer Kate Abbey. She shoots quite simplistic work, yet incredibly and effortlessly beautiful imagery and feeling. So I was really pleased she wanted to shoot with me. We got some good shots, including ones that are really unique and will hopefully be used for my book. The location house was beautiful and really antique and picturesque. However it was rather freezing. My finger nails had turned an interesting shade of blue by the end of the day!








I love the fact that I get to meet some really inspirational people in my job. I wouldn't want it any other way
x

No comments:

Post a Comment