Friday 30 November 2012

Last post of November: Hats and friends

It is indeed the very day of the second to last month of 2012. It's almost December, and it is very almost acceptable to purchase this year's Christmas jumper, put a Christmas tree up, and complete my December deadline assignments. Yes, completing and submitting assignments... This must be done soon. Not forgetting to have a little fun along the way; I am going to see Florence & The Machine next week and also going to Tim Walker's exhibition and I cannot wait for some good downtime spent with wonderful friends. Afterall, these are the people who make life worth living.
I also would like to share this hat, handmade for me by Ruth, one of my nearest and dearest at University. When I was younger, I was very, very, awkwardly painfully shy and quiet. I doubt any of my primary school teachers could actually remember me if you approached them now! Anyway, I was never outgoing or confident enough to make a lasting impression, therefore; no one knew me. I was less than a 'wallflower', meaning that I was far too shy to even have anyone possibly notice that I was quietly observing. No one knew enough about me to have a laugh or to joke, or give nicknames or invite me to fun things. I always wanted a nickname. And it seems that now, my friends have adopted the name 'Tanman' for me. I don't know how, or why this has come about, but I think its wonderfully sweet. Even friends who don't know each other both use this name. It never fails to make me smile.
.


No comments:

Post a Comment