Saturday 16 April 2011

Bobby Hillson

After spending today thoroughly getting my head stuck into books and essays, while I watch my younger sister slaving away over her A Level art coursework, I feel ever so slightly envious. It's not that I don't enjoy my own work. And it's not that I don't remember feeling stressed out of my mind when I was studying for my A Levels. But I miss that creativity of putting pencil to paper. I miss spending days on end in the art studios probably not creating much but nevertheless, having that space to escape and be myself, completely uninterrupted. On reflection, I really was that girl with a slight air of mystery. I would disappear and no one would even question how I was, or what I was doing. I think it was just assumed that I was away in my own little world. Not an ideal world. Not a perfect world. Just one of my own.

I thought I would share a few illustrations of the wonderful London fashion illustrator, Bobby Hillson. She worked as a full time illustrator for Vogue, and later in her career, had publications in The Sunday Times and The Observer, and also taught Alexander McQueen at the Fashion MA course she founded at St Martins. Her most well known pieces were during the 60's. Simple, very 60's, very lovely...




No comments:

Post a Comment